Creating Healthy, Happy Smiles
I feel blessed to have a job I truly love, and know I have the best job in the world. The excitement and passion I have for orthodontics is unwavering. I strive to provide the best care to each of my patients, and want the orthodontic experience to have a lasting, positive impact in their lives.
The most exciting part of orthodontics, for me, is seeing the transformation that occurs throughout treatment. I have cared for many patients who started treatment feeling self-conscious about their smile. Seeing those same people, at the end of care, confident with their new smile is indescribable.
I became an orthodontist because it’s a challenging and rewarding field. It’s constantly changing, which means I’m constantly engaged with learning and expanding what I’m able to offer my patients. It also allows me to interact and establish positive relationships with each patient.
Education and Commitment to Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science in microbiology, magna cum laude – University of Georgia
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – University of Alabama School of Dentistry
- Advanced education in general dentistry – University of Alabama-Birmingham, VA Hospital
- Certificate in orthodontics and postdoctoral Master of Science – University of Iowa
I’m committed to continually learning. Orthodontics is an ever-changing field. New techniques, materials, and technology all mean better care options and even stronger results for my patients. I complete multiple continuing-education courses each year, at the local, regional, and national levels. By learning from the leaders and innovators in orthodontics, I ensure my patients receive the best care available. They deserve nothing less.
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Alabama Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Alabama Dental Association
- Huntsville-Madison Dental Society
- University of Alabama-Birmingham School of Dentistry Alumni Association
Supporting Our Community
We love our community! Johnson Orthodontics is proud to support our local schools, non-profits and community outreach programs. It is our goal to continually support and give back to the community in which we live and work.
Away from Work
I grew up in Montgomery and now call Huntsville my home. My amazing wife Jessica was essential to the design and early success of Johnson Orthodontics. She’s still a big part of our team, but now works mostly behind the scenes.
Jessica and I have two young children. Our son Eli is two years old, and when I’m not working you can probably find me chasing him around the house or yard. In February 2016, we were blessed with our daughter Ava. She is a beautiful addition to our growing family and makes us smile each day. We also have two dogs, Zach and Roxy, who are great with the kids.
When I’m away from the office, I’m spending time with my family. I also love college football (Roll Tide!), and enjoy golfing, hunting, and running.